Axel Etzold wrote:
> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>> Datum: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 21:21:36 +0900
>> Von: Peter Bailey <pbailey / bna.com>
>> An: ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org
>> Betreff: File.rename failing after a few thousand successes . . .
>

>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Peter
>> --
>
> Dear Peter,
>
> you don't have the right to read or to write that particular file,
> maybe because it was created by another user or by root, and now
> you're running your Ruby script as a normal user.
> On the command line, you can change the rights to read, write and
> execute files, as root, using
> the chmod command.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chmod
>
> Best regards,
>
> Axel

Thanks, Axel. Well, yes, the original files are on Unix, but, all my
work is happening on a Windows server. I copy it over via SAMBA. But,
I'm a network administrator with full rights on the server. Maybe the
copying via SAMBA pulled over some weird permissions or something. I'll
look into this further. Thanks again.