On Oct 13, 2007, at 12:59 , Giles Bowkett wrote:
> On 10/12/07, Eric Hodel <drbrain / segment7.net> wrote:
>> RubyGems 0.9.4.5 is a beta release for the upcoming 0.9.5 which adds
>> several new features and fixes several bugs.
>>
>> To upgrade to the beta:
>>
>>    gem update --system --source http://segment7.net/
>
> Is there a way I can install the beta without having my regular
> install repaired yet?

Fetch this file:

   http://segment7.net/temp/rubygems-0.9.4.5.tgz

Install it with:

   tar -xzf rubygems-0.9.4.5.tgz
   cd rubygems-0.9.4.5
   ruby setup.rb

> I have to reinstall anyway, so I figured I might as well, but there
> isn't anything on RubyForge that I was able to find.

This is by design.  If I upload a beta gem to Rubyforge it will
become available for anybody to install with `gem update --system`.
Only stable versions should be available for automatic RubyGems
installation.