On Oct 13, 2007, at 11:43 AM, 7stud -- wrote:

> 1) Where are you checking a return value:
>
> threads.map{|t| t.join}

i'm not, but in a real piece of code longer than 5 lines it would be

> In fact, you discard map's return value.
>
> 2) How is map's return value ever going to be different than your
> threads array?

ah - 'join' should indeed be 'value' there.  sorry.

basically one should use Thread.current.abort_on_exception, check the
return values, or be prepared that threads may fail and you might no
know about it (which is obviously ok sometimes)

a @ http://codeforpeople.com/
better. simply reflect on that.
h.h. the 14th dalai lama