TAKAHASHI Masayoshi wrote:

> No, 3 test, xmltest/valid/sa/(049|050|051).xml, are not UTF-8, but
> UTF-16. 1 test, xmltest/valid/sa/063.xml, is UTF-8, and
> 1 test, ibm/valid/P54/ibm54v01.xml, is US-ASCII.

Ah.  I did a quick check of the files that failed, and they were reported
as being non ASCII; I probably made a mistake somewhere.  I'll check
P54/ibm54v01.xml and get that to pass.

> It's too difficult for Ruby to suport UTF-16, so we should
> convert it into UTF-8 before parsing it.

Why would UTF-8 be any easier?

> By the way, Hiroshi(NaHi)-san is maintainer of the site, and
> I wrote the test script and the page :-)

Thanks for the clarification.  I thought, from reading the posts, that you
had something to do with it, but I didn't see your name anywhere, so I
thought I'd err on the side of caution.  Could you add your name to the
comments in the source file?

--- SER