------art_26674_14022383.1192176603776

On 10/12/07, Daniel DeLorme <dan-ml / dan42.com> wrote:

>  Frankly I'm still not entirely clear on what are the advantages of each,
> both in terms of features and in terms of performance. I guess I'll just
> have to write some code to find out...

What no one has yet asked you is: what kind of data do you have to pass
between this fork-parent and child, and by what protocol?

Are they simple commands and responses (as in HTTP)? Is there a
state-machine (as in SMTP)? Or is the data-transfer full-duplex without a
protocol?

Are the data-flows extremely large? Exactly what are your performance
requirements?

Do you have one parent and one child? Or one parent and a great many
children?

------art_26674_14022383.1192176603776--