On Oct 9, 2007, at 13:08 , mortee wrote:

> However, the argument still applies that (at least in its current
> state)
> it can't handle some of the constructs that make it worthwile
> coding in
> Ruby, and which most probably appear at many places in any Ruby
> code not
> written directly in C coding style. So it still seems to be true
> that if
> one codes against your software's requirements, she looses the main
> advantages Ruby provides.

I can't vouch for your code, but it took me less than 15 minutes to
convert our original client's code over to a form that obfuscated
just fine. IMO, the readability of the code was not compromised. They
were able to maintain it in such a form and ship their IP as an
obfuscated binary. Maybe that doesn't work for you. I dunno.