Honestly, I don't care what anybody thinks about book ideas or
suggestions!
The whole point of the post is to get the ideas brewing, to get
people seriously considering the possibilities and hopefully doing it.
Videos/screencasts/podcasts (ideally with accompanying files) are
also appropriate for some topics (some more so than others).

Whatever it takes, I really just want everybody to remain proactive
about promoting Ruby (and Rails).
With the upcoming Ruby 2.0 (and Rails 2.0) there should be plenty of
book/video/podcast material.
The more we promote Ruby (and Rails) AND libs and modules and
frameworks in Ruby, the more we promote ourselves, but more
importantly, the more we make our own programming easier and more
enjoyable!

Keep those ideas coming!