> I have written an app in Ruby for my company and I was the only one
> that had acess to read/execute it. I've hired someone to help me with
> daily work and that includes having him execute a set of those Ruby
> scripts.
>
> Is it possible to allow him to only execute the code and not give read
> permission? All boxes are running Linux.

i may have overlooked something but what is wrong with using chmod?

http://www.computerhope.com/unix/uchmod.htm

-rwx--x---  1 mksm youandfriendgroup  7264 2006-12-07 13:42
rubyscript.rb

in the example above only you have all Read-Write-eXecute permissions,
and you're friend only has eXecute permissions.