> The variable is called $VERBOSE.

thx I will do so! I always used $Verbose and never noticed any problems. I always got warnings but I'm gonna trust you with it :)

> I recognized it because I happened to be hacking on it
> yesterday [..]

Have you found a way to change requests before webrick/httpproxy is sending them out? Proxycontenthandler let's you change the response before it is send to the browser but not the requests. I tried to change the httpproxy.rb-lib on several places with req.header["user-agent"] = "another one than I'm using.." but wether on the end of choose_header nor here:
      header = Hash.new
      choose_header(req, header)
      set_via(header)

nor on any other place I could change it?

--
kazaam <kazaam / oleco.net>