On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 13:38:54 -0400, Eric H. wrote:

> A list of links to pages that have up-to-date information on installing
> for each platform and the idiosyncrasies for each is a better solution
> than attempting to claim to be all-knowledgeable for all platforms when
> in reality the author is really only experienced in a very few of the
> platforms mentioned.

Excellent point.  Books should consider "online appendices" more often for
things like that.

I have to laugh when I thumb through a decades-old book and it tells me to
find something on archie or in comp.sources.

--
Jay Levitt                |
Boston, MA                | My character doesn't like it when they