John Joyce wrote:

> This is EXACTLY the scenario that supports boosting page counts with the
> continued detailed installation how-to's !
> Why?
> Though it means a few cents go to a few pages of stuff you may not think
> you need, it helps to ensure that we begin to develop some well
> documented and easy to access standard installations. That can
> definitely help reduce problems.
> Besides, you may not think you need to install it again anytime soon,
> but what if your hard disk bites the big one? Hmmm?
> Lightning storm, flood, you name it. No more installed Ruby. (unless you
> buy a new mac in a month)

I'm not certain I follow your point here entirely(I can't tell if you're
for or against the installation chapter(s)) but in the case of a hard
drive crash, etc. I would do as I did in the beginning: JFGI.

AND I already did have a system crash less than 2 weeks ago and I had to
do a reinstall. Took me less than 2 minutes to handle the Ruby side of
it thanks to Google.