>> Far better suggestion is what topics to write books and chapters about!
>>
>> I suggest a GUI focused Ruby book that covers Qt, Tk, Wx, etc...
>> A game / graphics focused Ruby book... (could easily be integrated or
>> connected with the GUI book)
>> A whole host of Ruby topics could be entire books based on one or two
>> classes or modules or gems.
>> What we have enough of are books that are broad but not deep.
>> As an example: Pro ActiveRecord is a nice one, but an Expert ActiveRecord
>> would be better...
>>
>> Lots of topics to suggest.
>
> Agreed ... then again, there are some other good books that don't even exist:
>
> "Up and Running with Nitro and Og"
> "Up and Running with Iowa"
> "Pragmatic RSpec" (although I hear that's due in beta by the end of the year)
> "ZenTest and Heckle Primer"
> "Selenium ..."
> "Watir ..."
> "Cerberus ..."

One problem with these though is that they change pretty fast don't they?
So by the time you'd finish publishing it would it be out of date?

The only thing worse than a book on how to install Nitro/Og is a book on
how to do it that is out of date and no longer applies :)

Some of those smaller PDF booklets (mongrel has one, ferret has one, etc.)
might be more realistic though and are at a price point that is low enough
that it's not that big a deal if it's not accurate in 4 months cause by
that point you'll be "following along" some other way.

-philip