John Nott wrote:
> Hi!
> This seems to work very well thanks but the results are produced in a
> long string. Is it possible to create these figures as a matrix?
> (resembling something like excel)
> Thanks for your help.
> - John

Here are some guidelines:

1) Start off writing a program that works on a small amount of data,
e.g. a file with this in it:

10,20,30
40,50,60

2) Always post an example of the format of your data, so we all know
what you are dealing with.

3)  Clearly state what the results should be.  At this point I still
don't have any idea whether you want integers in your matrix or strings.

4) State what you intend to do with the result, so that people will have
a better idea of *what you really need* rather that what you say you
want.