On 10/7/07, Jay Levitt <jay+news / jay.fm> wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Oct 2007 00:44:26 +0900, Austin Ziegler wrote:
> > It's possible to use delegation with non-dynamic languages. Hard, but possible.
> Why hard?  If you've got function pointers or their equivalent, you have
> delegation, no?

I was referring to Ruby's #method_missing capabilities more than
anything else. You can't do that in C++. (As I said to MentalGuy, it's
something that depends on how much I need a containing object to Act
As a contained object. Ruby doesn't care because of its fully dynamic
dispatch; C++ cares because of the static typing limitations.)

-austin
               * austin / zieglers.ca