On Mon, Oct 08, 2007 at 06:15:05AM +0900, Eric H. wrote:
> If anyone here is considering writing a book on Ruby or Rails I'd like
> to ask you to do one thing:
>
> Please, please, please do not do us the disservice of putting a
> chapter(or more) on how to install Ruby/Rails.

+1 here. And I'm putting my money where my mouth is. You'll have to wait
a few months to *not* read about how to install Rails, though:

http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Rails-Brad-Ediger/dp/0596510322

Assuming we don't change the chapter order between now and then, the
first chapter will have you neck-deep in Ruby metaprogramming.

It really does hurt my page count not to include huge screenshots of
installing Ruby, Rubygems, and Rails on Linux, OS X, and Windows,
though. ;-)

Brad