John Joyce wrote:

>>> I hate to gripe but as of today I'm at Ruby/Rails book number 7 and it
>>> has the exact same info all over again on installing. Enough is enough.
>
> No way. It only seems that way. because most books cater to people who
> are fairly new to Ruby or Rails.
> Advanced books are always a tougher sell for publishers.

Nope. It's book #7 and it's supposed to be a fairly advanced book.

> The same argument would make you say, " no more chapters about how to
> use [insert method or class here] "
> Far better suggestion is what topics to write books and chapters about!

Not true. My gripe is that an installation is something you do once and,
unless you've got absolutely no experience and/or the memory of a newt,
you never have to learn to do again since one install is going to be
extremely close to another even across different platforms.
Methods/classes *are* something that we refer to repeatedly, "just to be
sure we got it right"; that's why I made that distinction in my original
post.