Jason Matthew wrote:

> I am through chapter  6 of Beginning Ruby and I havent seen any mention
> of GUI.
>
> I primarily work on os x, is RubyCocoa the main way of doing GUI in ruby
> on OS X?

Guess what: A GUI platform is a library, not a religion. Ruby is agnostic.
The books you read are teaching you how to use Ruby, including how to use it
with a library. When the time comes to plug in a

> Any tips or advice on where I can read more about GUI with Ruby on OS X
> would be great.

Not a joke: Why not use Rails to write the GUI you want, then serve it
locally? Folks are finding this technique competitive (in the >cough<
enterprise) with the ponderous desktop GUIs.

El Goog can lead you to whatever Ruby/Cocoa libraries are available.

--
  Phlip