If anyone here is considering writing a book on Ruby or Rails I'd like
to ask you to do one thing:

Please, please, please do not do us the disservice of putting a
chapter(or more) on how to install Ruby/Rails.

Every single book I've read has devoted at least a chapter to installing
it. Point the inexperienced reader to google or almost any other site on
Ruby and let them learn there, please. At $40+ per book, I expect
information that I will want to reference repeatedly instead of
information that I will only use once, EVER, since installing isn't
something you need help with doing on a day to day basis.

I hate to gripe but as of today I'm at Ruby/Rails book number 7 and it
has the exact same info all over again on installing. Enough is enough.