|MKSM| wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I have written an app in Ruby for my company and I was the only one
> that had acess to read/execute it. I've hired someone to help me with
> daily work and that includes having him execute a set of those Ruby
> scripts.
>
> Is it possible to allow him to only execute the code and not give read
> permission? All boxes are running Linux.

If you don't want the source code to be visible you might consider a
couple levels of encryption and, maybe, hosting the actual "exe" on a
site that you control and have a loader exe grab it when it is needed.

For example, for Ruby program X, you could encrypt X with a key(also on
another server if you wish) and then make a loader that would decrypt it
on the fly and interpret the resulting code. You could add checksums,
etc. for the loader if you're worried about someone hacking it so they
can then view the code.

Depending on what you're doing with it, it could make more sense to have
a web interface to it and then you would only have to put it on a server
of your choosing and let them call it that way.