So, i have been programming for about a month or so and i decided to try
out a GUI for some of my programs. I just started using ruby tk. I found
some tutroials, but there not very detailed.
I have been fooling around with it a bit, but i cant get the TKentry
class to work.Supposedly according to the tutorials, it is used for
getting input, but i dont know how to store the data.
heres an example:
puts 'how old are you?'
age = gets.chomp.

for TK its:
entry = TkEntry.new(root).pack # equivalent to gets *I'm guessing*

but im not sure how to store the input..?
also i have noticed things like sleep 3 don't work with TK?

If any one knows any good tutorials or just has the answer to my
questions that would be much appreciated

ps, sorry if im using the wrong *wordage* for things, Im quite new to
programming.