Bea Martin wrote:
> I am trying to access the US Postal Service web tool for tracking. I am
> new to Ruby and web programming in general so if this is a really stupid
> question I apologize in advance.
>
> According to their site the if I access the test server with:
> http://testing.shippingapis.com/ShippingAPITest.dll?API=TrackV2&XML=<TrackFieldRequest
> USERID="xxxxxxxxxxxx"><TrackID
> ID="xxxxxxxxxxxxx"></TrackID></TrackFieldRequest>

For one thing, that's a 'get' request, which means all the data you are
transmitting is tacked onto the end of the url.  While this:

>       response = http.request_post(@path, request_body)
>     end

is a 'post' request, which means the data is not tacked onto the end of
the url, and it is sent by other means.  However, if a program on the
server is expecting the data to be attached to the end of the url,
that's where it is going to look for it.