Hi all,=0A=0AYou can find my solution here: http://rn86.net/~stevedp/salesm=
an.tar.gz=0A=0AFor this quiz I pretty much just implemented the GA describe=
d in the problem: exchanging and reversing.  I pick random indexes in the a=
rray of points to decide where to split them before doing these operations.=
  Then I rank by distance and keep the shortest 15 and longest 5 and then r=
un another generation.  I played around with ranking by number of diagonals=
 as well since, for a grid, the best solution will always have either 0 or =
1 diagonals but this didn't seem to help at all.  My solution seems to get =
w/in 5% of the perfect solution for most grid sizes w/in 100 generations.=
=0A=0AOne thing my solution does is create an SVG animation (scalable vecto=
r graphic) of the evolution of the solution.  I've included ruby-svg with m=
y solution so you don't need to install anything.  I've included with my so=
lution, an already made SVG (trips15.svg) of a 15x15 grid being solved over=
 500 generations to w/in 3.2% of the  optimal solution.  You might need to =
use Firefox for the SVGs to animate, I haven't tried them in IE.=0A=0ATo ru=
n my solution just unzip all the files and:=0A  ruby travel_agency.rb <grid=
_size> <# of generations to run>=0Aeg:=0A  ruby travel_agency.rb 7 50=0A=0A=
- steve=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A