> I'm trying to write out a script to help me sort out a bunch (more than
> 1,000) wallpapers, and do so by wallpaper size. I've done a little
> looking, but so far the only lib I have seen that might help is
> ImageMagick, and I want to see if anyone knows of another to do this.
>
> How I'm trying to do this:
>

> gather the x and y size of the wallpaper (this is the hard part from
> what I can see).
>
> move that wallpaper into a directory with those dimensions as the name
> (such as 1280x1024)
>
> echo the name of that wallpaper, based on a set of rules, into a file to
> use as a sort of database to help keep up with everything.

http://pastie.caboo.se/98119

If they are all JPEG's that will work.  If not, google around and you'll
find the routines for figuring it out for other image types.  Or look at
PHP's getimagesize method's source which handles GIF, JPG, and PNG.  All
it does is read some bits from the beginning of the file to get the right
one.

-philip