On Saturday 06 October 2007, MenTaLguY wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-10-06 at 19:17 +0900, Sylvain Joyeux wrote:
> > The bottom line being: if I was to *not* use inheritance for my
> > purposes, I would have to reinvent the "inheritance wheel".
>
> (The one sticking point I would occasionally hit was delegation, as
See the top of my previous post: you're talking about duck typing, which
does not apply in my case since I *need* to manipulate the models, and I
need (for instance) to be able to check that an objet is kind_of? a
particular class/module.

> Would you be interested in working a simple example, to see if there are
> other relationships besides "is-a" in your model?
Sorry, I don't think I have the time/motivation for that. I don't mind
discussion (and I don't mind being proved wrong if I learn something in
the process), but I thought a lot about it and *yes* I'm using inheritance
for 'is-a' relations. I'm finishing my PhD write now and I don't have a
lot of time for that.

Well, hopefully I'll eventually be able to put the software in open source
and write some tutorials about it. We can restart the discussion then ;-)

Sylvain