On Sun, 7 Oct 2007 04:28:34 +0900, Greg Willits wrote:

> I know there's a book called The Ruby Way -- does it tend to address
> these kinds of usage idioms where "method 2 out of 4 tends to be the way
> most people do it"?

Many, and I'd highly recommend the book.  But Ruby's a young language, and
idioms go in and out of fashion, especially in the Rails community, which
(for better or worse) makes up a large part of the newest Ruby population.

The newsgroups and reading other people's code are the best two ways I've
found to learn idioms - that, and posting my own code here in a "how would
you do this better?" thread.

--
Jay Levitt                |
Boston, MA                | My character doesn't like it when they