--=-avIMBRwb5Yh8oTd3fM99

On Sat, 2007-10-06 at 19:17 +0900, Sylvain Joyeux wrote:
> The bottom line being: if I was to *not* use inheritance for my purposes,=
 I=20
> would have to reinvent the "inheritance wheel".

I did used to think that, by the way, but as I got more experience in OO
modeling, I found that wasn't generally true.  Often using other kinds
of composition resulted in simpler and more maintainable/testable code.

(The one sticking point I would occasionally hit was delegation, as
languages like C++/Java don't have good support for it, but Ruby makes
it much easier than most.)

Would you be interested in working a simple example, to see if there are
other relationships besides "is-a" in your model?

-mental

--=-avIMBRwb5Yh8oTd3fM99

--=-avIMBRwb5Yh8oTd3fM99--