--=-57sNJi5F14xZguEJdQ9Z

On Sat, 2007-10-06 at 21:07 +0900, Trans wrote:
> Seems to me, the term "MI" can be avoided --it can be called something
> else, but the fact remains, and it is confirmed by implmentation after
> implementation: MIXINS ARE MI. The only difference is that Mixins are
> hobbled by an artifical class/module distiction.

The inclusion of modules is also forcibly linearized[1] to avoid the
ambiguities which would otherwise be present with MI, which only works
because modules don't dictate the fundamental object representation like
classes do.

The class/module distinction is the only thing that lets us have any
kind of MI at all without severe ambiguities.

-mental

[1] i.e. the inheritance graph is made linear by ensuring that each
module only appears once in a class' ancestry

--=-57sNJi5F14xZguEJdQ9Z

--=-57sNJi5F14xZguEJdQ9Z--