Thanks for this excellent suggestion.  You inspired me to write a much
superior stdin/stdout style connector instead using pipes that is far
more flexible in many ways:

http://hg.cilibrar.com/complearn-uncd/

Best regards,

-r.

--
"We can try to do it by breaking free of the mental prison of
separation and exclusion and see the world in its interconnectedness