> The ternary operator is not used very often, Ruby offers a different
> way to do what you try.
>
> do_stuff if test
> do_stuff unless test

Ah, OK. Strange structure. (rhetorical Q:) Why read through all the
do_stuff if it isn't going to matter by the time you get the IF?

I guess I'll switch to that if it is more customary.

> You cannot omit the third parameter from the ternary (that's why it
> has this name, after all)

OK, thanks for confirming that. Sure, name makes sense, but so does
allowing a form w/o the ELSE (which is what I am accustomed to doing).

> So if you want to make it work you have to:
> test ? do_stuff : nil

Tried that early on and still got errors, but after experimenting more I
see now its beacuse I only tried that in a few places rather than in all
ternaries in the script. Once I did it for all, the script worked.

> Hope this helps

Indeed. Thanks much.

-- gw