On Oct 4, 5:22 am, "Rudi Cilibrasi" <cilib... / gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ara,
>
> Good to hear from you and I am glad to hear you are still thinking about dynamic
> linking issues.  Unfortunately I tried your suggestion and so far I
> cannot detect any measurable difference in behavior.  Same error
> messages in both cases, with and without the #have_library(gomp...)
> line.
>
> Yes, it has taken years but I have rewritten complearn to use gobject
> and OpenMP and I must say the results are exciting.  Recently,
> somebody sent in a patch to improve the complearn tree search from
> O(n^5) to O(n^3) and this really made my week last week, speeding up
> tree search by thousands of times.  I am very excited to start
> applying the new technology but this whole ruby extension thing openmp
> problem has rained on my parade!  nice to hear from you again, -r.


try setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the location of libgimp (directory
containing lib) and see if that helps

for example

  export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib/
  ruby a.rb

and see if you still get the error.  if dlopen fails then there is
some other issue.  make sure the lib is actually there - if it this
works then massaging LD_RUN_PATH *should* work.

regards.