On 10/6/07, tho_mica_l <micathom / gmail.com> wrote:
>> Should A's methods or B's methods break when called on an instance of
>> C?
> While I agree that Ruby's modules/mixins can handle well many
> situations where one would rely on MI eg in Eiffel and also that MI is
> likely to unnecessarily increase the code's complexity to a degree of
> unmaintainability, I can still remeber a (very) few situations when it
> would have been handy. Eg with mixins, AFAIK you can't include class
> methods and object methods at the same time, can you? Maybe I'm wrong
> in this respect.

You can, sort of. However, I don't get the current mania for appending
methods to the class-object and the instance-object at the same time.

When I started with Ruby, people weren't doing things that way and
weren't looking for ways to do it that way.

What people are doing is trying to get MI out of mixins, and they're not
that.

-austin
               * austin / zieglers.ca