Alex LeDonne wrote:
> On 10/4/07, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky <znmeb / cesmail.net> wrote:
>> 3. I don't know about the rest of the folks here, but I'm getting really
>> tired of learning new programming languages.
>
> Ed,
>
> You've earned it. :) You've probably forgotten more about programming
> than many of us on this list have yet learned. While I was cutting my
> coding teeth in grade school on Applesoft and Integer BASICs on an
> Apple II+, you had already learned, what, Assembly (several flavors),
> FORTRAN, a few BASICs, JCL, some COBOL, umm... probably some Ada... am
> I close? :)
>
> -A

Well ... not exactly. By the time Apple II came out, I had learned Lisp
1.5, FORTRAN, several flavors of assembler, NELIAC, Dartmouth Basic, no
COBOL or Ada, and a little Floating Point Systems AP-120B microcode. But
I really thought Forth was going to catch on -- BASIC on the Apple and
TRS-80 and Commodore 64 and all the other 8-bit machines sucked so bad,
and there weren't really C compilers worthy of the name. I thought Forth
was it ... forever.

Maybe it was. :)