In article <m2lmgmtl1h.fsf / zip.local.thomases.com>,
Dave Thomas  <Dave / PragmaticProgrammer.com> wrote:
>ptkwt / shell1.aracnet.com (Phil Tomson) writes:
>
>> I think what I'm trying to do what I think is called the Proxy pattern in
>> the GoF Patterns book.  In the Proxy class I define method_missing so that
>> any methods called on the proxy object that are not defined there are
>> passed on to another object:
>>

>> Is there another way of doing this?
>
>Would the delegator class in the standard library do what you need?
>
>   http://www.rubycentral.com/book/lib_patterns.html

Maybe... I'll take another look at it.

What I ended up doing was a simple change to  method_missing:

class ClientProxy
  #pass on any methods we don't know about to the client
   def method_missing(methID, *args)
      @drbObj.send(methID, *args)
      #was: @drbObj.send(methID,args)

I had forgotten about using '*' to map the array into the arguments of the
function.

Phil