On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 08:58:12PM +0900, Alex Young wrote:
> Brian Adkins wrote:
> >On Sep 29, 3:27 pm, John Joyce <dangerwillrobinsondan... / gmail.com>
> >wrote:
> <snip>
> >>Before going
> >>into data structures or algorithms in K&R, it is important to first
> >>get a grasp of the C language.
> >
> >Name one book that is superior to K&R for learning the C programming
> >language.
> I learnt enough C to actually get useful stuff done with the Dummies
> books, but I didn't actually *understand* a lot of it until I got myself
> a copy of K&R.  I guess it depends on what sort of learning you're
> interested in.

I wonder if the fact you had already learned C from another (easier) book
made a difference for how effectively you could pick up concepts from
K&R when you got around to reading it.

Phillip J. Haack: "Productivity is not about speed. It's about velocity.
You can be fast, but if you're going in the wrong direction, you're not
helping anyone."