On Oct 3, 9:12 am, "Rick DeNatale" <rick.denat... / gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/3/07, Alex Young <a... / blackkettle.org> wrote:
>
> > > Name one book that is superior to K&R for learning the C programming
> > > language.
>
> Harbison and Steele.

Interesting. I'm not familiar with that one, but I have a lot of
respect for Guy Steele. I haven't done any serious C/C++ programming
since 1996, but I'd like to experiment with some C extensions for
Ruby, so I'll probably upgrade my 1978 K&R to the more recent ANSI
version, but I'll take a look at Harbison & Steele. K&R only grew from
228p to 274p. between 1978-1988. I'm curious what the doubly sized H&S
adds to it. More library information maybe?