On Sep 29, 3:27 pm, John Joyce <dangerwillrobinsondan... / gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Sep 29, 2007, at 12:05 PM, Brian Adkins wrote:
>
> > On Sep 27, 1:21 am, julik <list... / julik.nl> wrote:
> >> so that I
> >> can (not too urgently) start in C with at least some level of self-
> >> confidence and understanding?
>
> > What's wrong with this group? No one has mentioned K&R ???
>
> Somebody did, but the one criticism we can always leverage against
> K&R is that it is not a beginner's introduction to C.

Bzzzt... wrong answer.  And who are you referring to with "we"? You're
certainly not speaking for any programmers who have mastered C that I
know of.

> Before going
> into data structures or algorithms in K&R, it is important to first
> get a grasp of the C language.

Name one book that is superior to K&R for learning the C programming
language.

> Unfortunately, not all of the stuff in K&R is applicable to Ruby. You
> can try to write C or C++ style in Ruby

Why would you want to do that?