On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 11:30:43PM +0900, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
> John Joyce wrote:
>
> >C all-in-one for dummies is the most gentle intro, and is fairly up to
> >date, good read.
> >C Primer Plus by Steven Prata is very good. It is a bit more on the dry
> >reading side though.
>
> Actually, the best C book is probably "Head First Java".
>
> <ducking>
>
> Seriously, though, the Waite Group book is pretty good. But there really
> *should* be a "Head First C" or something like it. The C language is
> something we take for granted, and I think that's bad.

I haven't really found the "Head First" books all that effective.  My
SigO refers to them as "the bubble books" for reasons similar to my own
lack of high regard for them.  Maybe we've just been unlucky enough to
pick the wrong "Head First" books to evaluate.

Dr. Ron Paul: "Liberty has meaning only if we still believe in it when
terrible things happen and a false government security blanket beckons."