On Oct 1, 10:54 pm, Kevin Williams <kev... / gmail.com> wrote:
> Trans wrote:
> > With 0.9.4...
>
> >   C:\Documents and Settings\Milton\My Documents\Tom>gem install
> >   rubyscript2exe ERROR:  While executing gem ...
> > (Gem::RemoteFetcher::FetchError)
> >       getaddrinfo: no address associated with hostname.(SocketError)
>
> >   C:\Documents and Settings\Milton\My Documents\Tom>gem install
> > rubyscript2exe -no-http-proxy
> >   ERROR:  While executing gem ... (NoMethodError)
> >       undefined method `[]=' for #<Gem::ConfigFile:0x2e2ebc0>
>
> > With trunk:
>
> >   C:\Documents and Settings\Milton\My Documents\Tom>gem install
> > rubyscript2exe
> >   c:/ruby/bin/gem.bat:19: uninitialized constant Gem::GemRunner
> > (NameError)
>
> > T.
>
> Something must be wrong with your Ruby or RubyGems install. I just
> install the 1.8.6-25 one-click-installer in a virtual of XP and
> everything worked fine. Here are the steps I followed.
>
> Add c:\ruby\bin to the beginning of my PATH.
>
> c:\> gem up --system
>
> (ran that twice)

I can't get this far b/c of:

  C:\Documents and Settings\Milton\My Documents\Tom>gem up --system
  Updating RubyGems...
  ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Gem::RemoteFetcher::FetchError)
    getaddrinfo: no address associated with hostname.(SocketError)

  C:\Documents and Settings\Milton\My Documents\Tom>gem up --system --
no-http-proxy
  ERROR:  While executing gem ... (NoMethodError)
    undefined method `[]=' for #<Gem::ConfigFile:0x2df78f0>

>From what I gather this is a Firewall issue. But I have yet to find
anyone with a solution, though the problem mentioned enough (just do a
Google search on it). Most cases it's people trying to install Rails,
so they just end up manually installing Rails instead. If it is a
Firewall issue shouldn't be a simple a matter of opening up the right
port? What port is it?

T.