Hi,
I'm trying to use Net::POP3 from behind a firewall and I can't get past
this error
C:/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/net/protocol.rb:206:in `initialize': Bad file
descriptor - connect(2) (Errno::EBADF)

I had a similar error when trying to access a url via http but I got
around it by using a Net::HTTP::Proxy i.e.

host = 'whatever '
path = '/../ etc'

proxy_addr = 'my.proxy.addr'
proxy_port = myProxyPort

response = Net::HTTP::Proxy(proxy_addr, proxy_port).get_response(host,
path)
puts response

I've been unable to find anything similar for Net::POP3 ie code like
this

pop = Net::POP3.new(...)

just dies and gives the error at the start of this post.

What do I need to do? Are there some ENV vars that need setting? I've
spent a day Googling etc. but go nowhere!

Thanks

Mike