Roger Pack wrote:
> Attempting it with the latest patch level of ruby might help.

I had the same problem, posted here last Friday, and sure enough,
the problem seems fixed with the -p110 build. I wasn't doing any
I/O or using backticks - just two threads synchronizing using Mutex
and ConditionVariable. The -p0 implemention is catastrophically
broken and unusable, and apparently untested as well.

One thread is waiting in the ConditionVariable, another tries to
enter the Mutex so it can change things and signal the condition,
but deadlock is declared, killing the process. How hard can this be
to test for, really? Appalling.

I believe the -p110 version of the One-Click installer is waiting
on some fixes to the ODBC drivers. I hadn't realized what a boon
this installer is until I tried to configure everything manually.
Hint: Get the Windows build (URL below), the rubygems ZIP, and
minimally, ssleay32.dll and libeay32.dll from openssl. Put it all
together and you can install the rest from GEMs.

<http://www.garbagecollect.jp/ruby/mswin32/en/download/release.html>,
<http://jarp.does.notwork.org/win32/>.

... or offer Curt Hibbs some help getting the latest one-click
installer finished.

Clifford Heath.