Wayne E. Seguin wrote:
> On 10/1/07, Marcin Raczkowski <mailing.mr / gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> My company is trying to get big contract for creating and maintaining
>> HUGE website (nation wide portal). We're trying to convince investor
>> that Ruby (i don't mean rails) with custom tailored MVC framework is
>> best solution, we're going to make prototypes in rails FAST, then port
>> heaviest and most frequently used parts to my custom framework, rewrite
>> AR into tuned SQL queries etc.
>
>  <snip>
>
> I highly advise checking out the up and coming release of Merb for your
> framework. You can hop on irc.freenode.net#merb and ask any questions you
> have there about speed, features, etc...
>
> Good luck.
>
>   ~Wayne

Thanks i was talking with Ezra Zygmuntowich on irc a while ago, and i
borrowed lots of ideas (and some of code) for my own microframework.

If there were any interesting changes in merb I'll take a look, but my
framework was designed to do exactly what i needed (which was to handle
AJAX and forward to remote servers, then parse request and send to
application when next AJAX request hits) and did job right :)