> Please, sit down and really try learning regular expression before
> adding to the fear factor surrounding them.

Then test them, clean them up, use /m on their ends so you can group
their contents with blanks, and hide them behind self-documenting
interfaces.

> > Ruby also relies heavily on regex's, and regex's are never going to be
> > easy to read for anyone.  regex's are not beginner friendly, and that
> > might be a big barrier for a beginner trying to learn ruby.  There are
> > lots of people who just can't learn regex's.

Next, I thought any language which supports Regexp would have this
problem. No language "relies on" Regexps for its core behaviors, so do
commit the Regexp abuse that some _programmers_ indulge in, and we'll
get along fine!

--
 Phlip
 http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596510657/