Eric Hodel wrote:
> On Sep 30, 2007, at 14:44 , Martin Martinos wrote:
>
>> I have a rake task that lunches all my unit tests. The execution of
>> those tests may take over 20 mins.  I would like to have two rake
>> task,
>> one that executes a set of quick tests and one that executes all the
>> tests that will be executed in a nightly build.
>
> If your tests take twenty minutes, they aren't unit tests.  Unit
> tests are fast because they only test a unit.
>
> What is it that makes them take 20 minutes or more?
In fact I use unit testing to test a Ruby wapper over a C++ tool that
that takes a long time to execute. In fact it is not for testing the C++
app but to test the wrapper.

I also use it to test our VC++ build and packaging system. Even if I
made small unit test, the whole process takes up to 13 mins.