Hello

My company is trying to get big contract for creating and maintaining
HUGE website (nation wide portal). We're trying to convince investor
that Ruby (i don't mean rails) with custom tailored MVC framework is
best solution, we're going to make prototypes in rails FAST, then port
heaviest and most frequently used parts to my custom framework, rewrite
AR into tuned SQL queries etc.

investor was quite impresed with speed of development but of course
there's trouble in paradise .. he hired a consultant :/ - this guy AFAIK
did lot's of work but only in PHP and he is trying to convince investor
PHP is way to go.

could you please help me find some benchmarks comparing speed of PHP vs
Ruby (especially YARV/JRuby, if ound some benchamrks that show Ruby is
slower in interpreter), mayby comparsions of security(in Rails it's
preatty imposible to do sql injections if programmer is carefull enought
to use properly constructed queries).

also I'm open to any arguments(preferable documented, with showcases,
and understandable by investor(who never had much expirience with
computers except for e-mail and www)) that would help convince him that
ruby is much better then php  :)

and I'm also looking for big sites that adopted ruby / ruby on rails
(especially with huge number of users / hit's per s)

Marcin Raczkowski