Len Lawrence wrote:
> ... I am having difficulties with gtk2, also a
> new area for me. There does not seem to be a ListBox widget

Nearly everything about Gtk is hard - debugging esp - but...

For a simple list or table you use TreeView with a ListStore.

If you're looking for a non-editable equivalent to Windows'
ComboBox, consider using an OptionMenu. That's the X equivalent,
which is where Gtk takes its inspiration. Or construct a
composite widget using a text box, an arrow button, and a
drop-down containing a scrolling TreeView (whew).

Clifford Heath.