> Look under 'block' not 'code block'.

Ahh. "Blocks" as in "Proc's and blocks".

> That is not really the issue, remember I was talking to a
> beginner. 12.to_s means it is Integer's responsibility to
> convert itself to a String str(12) means it is Kernel's
> responsibility to convert Integer's to Strings

Do you really think a beginner cares about that or even has any idea
what you are talking about?

> the second just does not feel OO to me.

What about when you write:

puts result
input = gets
p = lambda {"hello world"}
printf("%.2f \n", 4.56789)
require "somefile"
sleep(2)

Do you avoid those 'global' method calls because they look too much like
str(12)? Or, to maintain your OO purity do you write things like:

Kernel.puts "hello world"

> I give it to you for Syntax errors, but when it come to Stack Traces
> OMG Ruby beats Python by magnitudes.

def func1
  func2
end

def func2
  puts y
end

func1

ruby:
-----
r8test.rb:5:in `func2': undefined local variable or method `y' for
main:Object (NameError)
        from r8test.rb:2:in `func1'
        from r8test.rb:7

python:
-------
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "6test.py", line 8, in ?
    func1()
  File "6test.py", line 2, in func1
    func2()
  File "6test.py", line 5, in func2
    print y
NameError: global name 'y' is not defined

I don't see any substantive difference, but to my eye the python output
looks more orderly and is easier to read.

> Personally, I find Pythons documentation boring and dull,
> but good if you are familiar with programming (and English).

That's more credit than I'd give it!