On Sep 28, 2007, at 12:44 PM, Jeremy Kemper wrote:

> CGI::Session uses a finalizer to automatically flush changes when it
> goes out scope. Perhaps that's what you're seeing?
>
> In my profiling of a simple Rails app, the live object count is very
> consistent (no leaks), but wow is it easy to quickly create a lot of
> garbage to collect.

this is not what i am seeing.  i'm seeing an *extremely* slow leak -
it takes ten of thousands of requests to see it.  although this might
seem OT to people i'm posting here because

   - dike claims the leak is in cgi/session.rb

   - it may or may not show the veracity of dike's reporting

the whole project is available for download here

   http://s3.amazonaws.com/drawohara.com.downloads/leak.tgz

and i blogged it here

   http://drawohara.tumblr.com/post/13655303

i'd love to know if other people can reproduce (it takes a *while* to
run)

cheers.

ps. feel free to email me offline with results.

a @ http://drawohara.com/
better. simply reflect on that.
h.h. the 14th dalai lama