I. P. wrote:
> |James Britt|
>
> JB> at boot time, try wrapping it in a .bat file:
> JB> REM myapp.bat
> JB> c:\ruby\bin\ruby.exe c:\path\to\your_app.rb
> And in this case you'd probably need Hstart utility
> (http://www.ntwind.com/software/utilities/hstart.html)
> which hides flickering console window.

If one is using Curt Hibb's "one-click" installer version of Ruby, you
can use the .rbw extension on the script and Ruby should execute with no
visible cmd shell window.

The times I've had Ruby code execute at Windows launch I did not often
use persistent processes; seeing the DOS box come up was a nice
indicator that the code was actually running, and then seeing that it
was not hanging.

--
James Britt

www.risingtidesoftware.com   - Wicked Cool Coding