If I do...

ObjectSpace.each_object { |o| puts o; gets }

will it give me the consecutive order of the loading of the objects
(i.e. the time order that memory is allocated on the heap)?  Or is it
a tree structure underneath or something strange like that?

Why do I get String objects right off the bat like...

' does not evaluate to a gem specification

This appears to be source that the interpreter ran and outputted.
I see it on a WindowsXP machine using the 1.8.6 one-click installer.

Todd

P.S.

I understand that this question is hard to answer exactly because you
have to create objects to read the objects you have.