I like Ruby tremendously...

and currently having some headache with the "$" and ";" in PHP, like

$i = $j;

in every single line, vs Ruby's simplicity

i = j

maybe the $i is so that outputting the variable is easy in

print "the value is $i"
in ERb, we need to write

"the value is #{i}"

and it is a bit more typing.  can we have something like

"the value is ##i"  as a shorthand? and use #{ } when it involves more
complicated expressions?

The other thing is that in PHP, they use "print" and "echo" to output
the HTML code.  In Ruby, we always use <%=  evaluated_value  %>  and it
might have a limit of always breaking up the code into  <%  %>  and <%=
%> and <% %>

<% results.each do |k,v| %>
<%= "#{k}  #{v}" %>
<% end %>

the people who like to use inject may be happy because they can have it
all in one line  <%= results.inject {|k,v| k += ... %>

but if we can have some way that the STDOUT is made into HTML code, like

<%p  results.each {|k,v| printf "...  " %>

or

<%p

     code

%>

then it can give us some ease when templating.